Wayne Pediatrics is the academic clinical practice that will be home to Wayne State University Department of Pediatrics faculty physicians. It also will serve as the School of Medicine's official clinical service group for pediatrics. Those faculty that will join us are very excited about this new opportunity, as they become founding members of Department of Pediatrics.
The leadership of University Pediatricians (UP), a medical group in which Wayne State faculty members served Detroit for 22 years, severed ties with Wayne State and signed an affiliation agreement with Central Michigan University (CMU) in Mount Pleasant.
All medical schools must have a department of pediatrics to train future physicians. Wayne Pediatrics offers academic pediatricians who are committed to serving the children of Detroit an opportunity to do so while integrating teaching, research, patient care and community engagement.
- Wayne Pediatrics’ third diaper drive swaddles babies in need
- Summer Recap: Raised Garden Beds at the Wayne Pediatrics and Horizons Project
- American Academy of Pediatrics to honor Professor Tej Mattoo, M.D. for lifetime of work
- Wayne Pediatrics and WSU medical students at children’s health event
- Dr. Tej Mattoo to be Awarded the Prestigious Henry L. Barnett Award