Wayne Pediatrics is the academic clinical practice that will be home to Wayne State University Department of Pediatrics faculty physicians. It also will serve as the School of Medicine's official clinical service group for pediatrics. Those faculty that will join us are very excited about this new opportunity, as they become founding members of Department of Pediatrics.
The leadership of University Pediatricians (UP), a medical group in which Wayne State faculty members served Detroit for 22 years, severed ties with Wayne State and signed an affiliation agreement with Central Michigan University (CMU) in Mount Pleasant.
All medical schools must have a department of pediatrics to train future physicians. Wayne Pediatrics offers academic pediatricians who are committed to serving the children of Detroit an opportunity to do so while integrating teaching, research, patient care and community engagement.
- New England Journal of Medicine publishes editorial by Wayne State pediatrician Dr. Tej Mattoo
- Wayne Pediatrics Volunteers at Health Expo
- Herman Gray, M.D., gives keynote address at CUNY White Coat Ceremony
- Warriors in the Community, episode 15: Wayne Pediatrics
- Wayne State’s Department of Pediatrics Research Day showcases cutting-edge findings